Sunday 29 January 2012

North India Trip - Day 2 @ Kashmir

Date: 12/12/11
Route: Gulmarg-Dal Lake
--Sunrise--
It's about 7am. We were up early to see the sunrise.
The sky turned pink in colour.

Temperature dropped to below zero degrees during the night, and we cld see frost all over the place in the morning. That's the masterpiece by Aunt Jo.
We were at the "roof top" of the boat house.
View from the roof top.
9.45am. Dal Lake still looking dreamy~~~
--Gulmarg--
We're on our way to the famous skiing hill station Gulmarg. Superb snow mountain and scenery greeted us~~~
Lovely villages.
A Kashmiri woman let us took photo of her.
Here we are! Plenty of snow!!!!
To the Gondola station.
Our experiences to take the Gondola were not good. Thanks to the local guides, they always managed to spoil our mood somehow. I don't wish to remind myself what happened so I won't blog it here. Lolz!
The cable cars from afar.
We can still see many Kashmir soldiers in the mountiains.

View from the Gondola ride.
Snow mountain range from afar...spectacular!
 We reached the place where people get to play snow sleighs or ski.
 The snow mountains are lovely, but the sun is too bright for me to take pictures...
 The so-called snow sleighs.... I didn't take it. My tour mates felt "cheated" as the sleigh ride was not as expected, and it's not cheap.




 --Apple Farm--
 En route to our boat houses at Dal Lake, we stopped by an apple farm.
 Luckily I brought my long zoom lens, so I cld take clearer pics of the apples on the trees!
Apple tree.
 The villages looked so different in the evening.

 --Dinner--
Our butler prepared delicious food again~!
 Curry chicken.
 Cauliflower.
 Vege...
 Mutton meatballs. Delicious.
Fried bananas....too much flour though.

No comments:

Post a Comment