Sunday 22 July 2012

Shanghai & Nanjing: Day 2 @ Shanghai

Date: 29/06/2012
--Fudan University--
It was a bright & sunny day, despite the rainy weather forecast.
We waited outside the stadium while the graduation ceremony commenced inside.
Managed to catch a glimpse of what's going on inside the stadium.
That's Tuan!
Zheng Da Group Stadium.
This is the "shopping street" at the school's south campus.
My favourite Coco drink stall. It's better than any other bubble tea stores found in SG!
We walked over to the north campus and toured around the school.
The school's famous Mao Zedong statue.
The school's "not so grand" school gate. Haha!
Spotted water lily in one of their ponds.

This is the old school gate.

Tuan's museology faculty. Very old school building.
This is the north campus student dormitory.
Lotus pond.
Her super small dorm.
--Lunch @ 禾绿回转寿司--
This is not the best Japanese food I've tried. In fact, their sashimi and seaweed were not fresh. I liked the small side dishes though.
--Wujiaochang 五角场--
A glimpse of this suburb neighbourhood near Fudan. Lots of malls and international brands could be found here.
--Costa @ Xintiandi Style--
While waiting for my relatives, we sat at Costa and took a rest. Their coffee was alright, but my parents complained their americano was too bitter. Lolz!
The super high-end mall with very few souls around.
--Xintiandi--
The 石库门 houses and alleys made this place unique. It's like our Clarke Quay, just that there's no river.

--Dinner @ Crystal Jade--
One of my best dinners in Shanghai. Super yummy and affordable. How come our Crystal Jade in SG does not seem that cheap to me? Haha!
Check out Xintiandi at night. My pics were not good so I made a collage.
--Huaihai Road 淮海路--
Walked down to another shopping district from Xintiandi.
All the high-end malls are here! This is Cartier.
Realised their Mac stores are super big.
Played with slow shutter speed. Not good enough.
Saw their booths selling vouchers.
--East Nanjing Road--
On our way back to hotel. New World Dept store at night.
The famous neon signboards...
Yongan Dept store.
Aunties had fun doing line dancing.
A shop selling plane models in a modified old tram.

Dongya Hotel.
Yongan Dept store. The angle is not very good :(
The large thermometer found at Seventh Heaven Hotel.
One of my favourite food in China is the Chinese BBQ. Hygiene is not an issue to me. Haha! Anyway, it's like a must for me to eat BBQ in China now :) Too bad I only ate once during this trip, coz' I was too full on other days. Lolz!

No comments:

Post a Comment