Tuesday 20 June 2006

Sawatdee Ka Siam! - Day 1/ Day 2 [edited version]

[changi airport] Left home at about 6.30pm. Reached Changi at about 7pm or so. Had a little snack before checking in our luggage. Our group was a big one, with 34 people. Long time didnt see so many kids in a group, I felt so old leh. Hahahaha!
Used the internet too, not very fast as I thought. Managed to chat a little with my pals, but sadly the blogger site was too slow for me. Bought some Sakae Sushi before going to our gate.
Boarded Finnair AY98 at about 9pm plus..took off at 9.50pm. The plane looked a little old on the outside. The seat was not spacious, but lucky I didnt feel very crampy.
[Finnair] The flight lasted for 1 hr 55min. This was my first flight experience with a european airline. Think they didnt set an age limit for their crew members. Most air stewardress are quite old, and they are in all "sizes". (compared to Asian airlines with stringent criterias)
Not much in-flight entertainment, lucky I can still enjoy some music lah. Everything was alright except their food. No choices! I ate fried chicken plus rice...haiz...! (how i wish i was with SQ). hahaha! Landing was perfect!!! So smooth that I didnt realised that I had landed. Hahahaha!
They have Thai crew too who made chinese annoucements. Not very accurate in pronounciation lah, but better than nothing.
[Don Muang Int'l airport] Still the same as before. Had to queue for quite sometime before i can get my luggage. Walked for quite a distance to board our coach. Our tour guide Simon is an ethic Thai who can speak quite fluent mandarin. A not-so- short journey to my hotel, with expressways towering the roads and trains...hoho...
12.30am (SG time 1.30am!)...met a traffic jam on our way to hotel..what the heck?! Could still see some street decorations for their king's 60th anniversary to throne. Thailand flag and king's flag all along the roadsides and on buildings.
[Prince Palace Hotel] Located at the old town (Rattakosin), very near the palace the royal family is staying. Also, it is near Chinatown and the Grand Palace area. A new 4 stars hotel, located directly in the Bobae wholesale market (will talk about it more in my last entry).
My room was at the 15th floor, could see nice city view of the old town.
2.30am...settled everything and went to bed..could only sleep for 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment