Sunday 12 September 2010

Central & East Java Trip - Day 8

--Surabaya--
View of the city from hotel room.
--1st Stop: Pasar Genteng--
After breakfast, we went to Pasar Genteng area to buy Kueh Lapis and my fav Honey cake.
Found a shop selling Honey cake. Owner of the shop was an Indonesian Chinese.
--2nd Stop: Cheng Hoo Mosque--
Driver drove us around to check out the city, and we happened to pass by Cheng Hoo mosque (郑和清真寺). It's interesting to see a mosque with Chinese architecture in a Muslim country. Need admission ticket, so we didn't go in to take a look.
Well, there's something more interesting than the mosque. Haha! Our driver blur blur and forgot to take his keys out. So, we were locked out of the van!!! Miss KH finally got to experience how to enter the van from the window. 不愧是NPCC的人~ Haha!
All of us were happily laughing, while E.W helped KH with a final push~!! Finally, we managed to get back into the van and headed for airport.
--3rd Stop: Juanda Int'l Airport--
The departure area.
Yes! We had our lunch at A&W again. Ordered their 2 pc chicken meal again. Simply delicious~~~
After lunch, "disaster" struck us when I saw that our plane was delayed for an hr. Nvm, we proceeded to check in and rotted at a cafe. Never did we know that we were going to rot there for 4-5 hrs.
Took pic of a Garuda Indonesia plane while waiting for my plane to come~
My dinner at the airport, Beef soup with salted egg. This was my first time eating salted egg white. I hated the egg yoke so I gave to someone else. Even the egg white was so salty....aiyo~
We were supposed to depart at 3.15p.m, but we still did not see our Valuair plane at 6plus. I was so envious of those taking Silkair when their plane arrived at 6plus. Finally, a Jetstar Asia plane came at 7pm, and we knew the Valuair plane got technical prob.
Well, at least some arrangements had been done, like providing KFC meals for stranded passengers.
Finally, we arrived at Changi at 10.45pm (Sg time). It was a long day for us and that was my budget airline experience for the 1st time. I'll try not to take them, but looks like I am going to use Jetstar for my upcoming trip......sobbzz~

No comments:

Post a Comment