Sunday 14 June 2009

안녕하세요! Korea! Day 4

Initially, I thought Day 4 wld be quite a relaxing day for me, but I was wrong, totally wrong. Lolz! Had a slacky morning since we're gg to leave Jeju & return to the mainland. I realised that one of my Nike sports shoes' soles was coming off! Omg!
--Jeju Int'l Airport--
The airport is much newer than Gimpo.
Oh yes! Finally bought some Dunkin' Donuts! Variety of donuts was limited, but it didn't bother me anyway. I bought my favourite type of donut, and that's the donut with sugar. Lolz! E.W also bought some bread from "Paris Baguette Cafe".
Finally, the sky was clear enough for me to snap pics of the highest mountain in S. Korea. Tada~This is Hallasan (汉拿山). The mountain is actually a shield volcano, and its elevation was about 6398feet. The mountain cld be seen from all places on the island. And if u have watched "Sam Soon", then u wld know Hallasan too!
A better pic to show the shape of the shield volcano.
--Lunch--
Lunch was not provided, so we had to grab a quick lunch before boarding the plane. Went to a fast-food chain called "Lotteria" and ordered a "Hanwoo Steak" burger set for W6200 (S$7.30). I was given a "electronic tag" which wld beep when my order is ready. I waited for more than 5 mins ba....kinda slow ne~ Well, thank goodness the burger was delicious and the shaker fries was not too bad. (Just found out that Lotteria was under the Lotte grp, and the first restaurant was not opened in Korea, but Japan!)
E.W last minute grabbed a bottle of my fav citron tea at one of the airport specialty shops. It's really cheaper to buy the tea in Korea ne~ See the bottle? It's in the shape of the Dolharubang.
--Flight to Seoul--
Our flight was supposed to depart at 12.45p.m, but there's a slight delay for.............5 mins. Haha! May be there're too many students la. Btw, i really think Sgporeans are not very kiasu lo. The korean students started to queue up at least 15 mins before the plane is ready for boarding. I think u guys know tt normally they wld called passengers who are sitting behind to board first. Well, I happened to bump into the same situation when i was in Incheon airport too. They wld just queued up and jammed the passageway. Anyway, I never really think tt Sgporeans are super kiasu la, many Asian folks are like us too.
View of the clear blue sky & super white clouds from the aircraft.
--Korean Folk Village 韩国民俗村--
Seoul's weather was cooling due to the rain. But luckily, the rain had became light drizzle by the time we reached KFW, which was located in Yong-in city. The purpose of KFW is to display elements of traditional Korean life and culture. There are multiple sections to the park, and there are numerous replicas of traditional houses of the different social classes (peasant, landowner, yangban). Also, there is a family park and another zone for Korean Folk Museum.
The entrance to KFW. From the moment we stepped in, the muddy walkways welcomed us, and our shoes. Soon, my nightmare wld be coming~ Haha!

Seonangdangs. They are altars for village guardian deities.

The traditional houses.
These are houses in the northern regions.
This is the entrance to the Landowner's House in the Southern regions.
Aenee-sshi told us that this was the film site for the drama "Iljimae". It did looked kinda familiar ne~
Furniture in one of the rooms.

A room where the yangban kid studies with his teacher.
The field for farming.
Farmer's house in the Central region, Silk weaving workshop.
I think I was looking at the mud & puddles of muddy water most of the time instead of looking at the houses. Haha! This is the Provincial Government Office.
Is your face portrait up there???
The hall in the office.
One type of punishments used by the govt.
Ok...got real photo to show how they punished "criminals".
There were all sorts of apparatus used for punishments la. Nothing new for ppl who watch korean saguks.
It's just too hard to walk around the place, and we missed out the traditional wedding part at the Nobleman's mansion. Haiz~
A huge flag, probably used for some rituals or performances.
Saw the rope "structure" at the right hand corner? I think performers hop & bounce on the rope.
Basically, my nightmare came as one of my shoe soles nearly came off. So I was really dragging my foot and walked all the way back to our coach. Think there's too much mud and water, so it speed up the process of the sole coming off. Haiz... May be my shoes knew that I'm gg to the premium outlet store later, so they decided to "罢工" now. Hahaha!
--Yeoju Premum Outlets 骊州工厂直销中心--
The outlet was located at a very rural area in Gyeonggi-do. My sports shoe's sole had completely came off by the time we reached the place. So, the first place to chiong is to the Nike store!!
Burberry store.
Bought a nice pair of walking shoes for W38400 (s$45).
The stuffs in the Puma store were really cheap lo! But too bad, I didn't buy any.
Gucci.
Coach Factory. The salesperson was very friendly, though her english was not fluent. But well, SG is the better place to buy branded goods.
Conclusion, the prices were cheap for sports brands like Nike, Puma, Converse etc, but not for branded goods like Gucci or Coach.
--Dinner--
Dinner for the day was mushroom hotpot with pork. We gotta removed our shoes and sit on the floor for our meal.
The hotpot.
--Seorak Hanwha Resort--
The journey from the restaurant to the resort was about 3 hrs. It's not a long bus ride for me (coz' I had experienced longer rides.) However, it was a long day for us as we reached the resort at 10.40p.m. (Normally, we wld return to hotels by 7 or 8p.m plus.) So u know by the time we finished unpacking the stuffs, bathing, plus laying out our tatamis for the night, we were really quite tired la. But but....the tv kid still had some energy to watch tv. Lolz!
The tatami beds, properly folded in the cabinet.
The kitchen area.
The small bedroom with no air-con. Very stuffy lo.
The living room/bigger bed room. Very few furnitures...
That's our bed for the night! Luckily I got 2 layers of mattresses, so it's not that uncomfortable to slp la.

No comments:

Post a Comment